New Orleans Drunk Driving Lawyers
New Orleans Criminal Defense Attorneys
Protecting the Rights of People Throughout Louisiana
Being arrested for a crime in New Orleans can be a frightening experience for you and your family. Facing criminal charges can be especially hard if you don’t speak English.
If a family member was pulled over for drunk driving (DUI or DWI), you may need to know how you can get him or her out of jail. If the police arrested you for a drug crime, you may be afraid of going to jail or prison. If you are not a U.S. citizen, you may be worried about the possibility of deportation, removal or immigration problems.
Whether you or someone you love is in trouble with the law, you are probably confused about what you should do next.
A criminal defense attorney at Stephenson, Chávarri & Dawson, LLC can help you protect your rights and give you sound legal advice about resolving your criminal charges and avoiding immigration consequences.
Call 504-523-6496 or contact our firm to speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney. We have attorneys at our firm who speak fluent French, Spanish and English.
Aggressively Seeking the Best Possible Outcome in Your Criminal Case
At our New Orleans law firm, we defend your rights at every stage of a criminal case. Our main goal is always to help you obtain the best possible outcome. Depending upon the facts in your case, a good outcome might be dismissal of the charges against you, a reduction of your charges, a favorable plea agreement, an acquittal at trial, or alternative or reduced sentencing options.
Working to Minimize Confusion and Worry
While we are working to defend you, we want to make sure that you understand the criminal justice process and what is happening at all times. We will work to guide you through a difficult situation with the least amount of confusion and worry. We place a high value on establishing a close attorney-client relationship, because we believe that mutual trust is important to providing effective representation to you in criminal cases.
As experienced female criminal defense attorneys, we can defend you against both state and federal crimes. Our firm routinely handles a variety of criminal cases, ranging from minor misdemeanor charges to high profile and potential death penalty cases:
- Drug charges : drug possession, possession with intent to sell, drug distribution, sale and trafficking, drug manufacture, federal narcotics offenses and other drug charges involving marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamines, fraudulent prescription drugs, heroin and other controlled substances and illegal drugs
- Driving under the influence (DUI) : Driving while intoxicated or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is a criminal offense in Louisiana. If you have two or more previous DUI or DWI convictions, a subsequent drunk driving charge will be a felony.
- White collar crimes : embezzlement, insurance fraud, public corruption, mail fraud, prescription fraud, employee theft, Ponzi schemes, investment fraud, and accounting fraud
- Assault and battery: simple assault, aggravated assault, domestic violence, kidnapping, spousal abuse, child abuse and assault with a deadly weapon
- Immigration violations: Because our attorneys practice immigration law in addition to criminal defense, we know how a criminal arrest or conviction may affect your immigration status.
- Theft crimes : robbery, burglary, shoplifting, retail theft, and armed robbery
- Sex offenses: rape, sexual assault, pornography, solicitation, prostitution and other sex crimes
- Traffic violations: speeding, reckless driving, driving with a suspended license, driving without insurance and other traffic tickets
- Expungement of criminal records for first time offenders
Criminal Defense Attorneys Dedicated to Defending Your Rights
Our criminal defense attorneys are dedicated to protecting your rights as you move through the criminal justice system. To speak with one of our criminal defense lawyers, contact Stephenson, Chávarri & Dawson, LLC.
Our attorneys are members of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL), Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Hispanic Lawyers Association of Louisiana.
*We are more than willing to help clients with bail and bond issues. You should know, however, that we can’t get someone out of jail at night. Bail hearings are only during regular business hours.